How to make a yoke in a base skirt pattern.
Today we would like to show you how we transform a base skirt pattern to get a yoke in the skirt.
The process is very simple and it will help you to design a wide waistband, make colors games or introduce shirring or pleats under the hip line.
1) We start with a base pattern, always I recommend working with a copy of the base pattern.
2) Draw the cutting line at the desired height in the pattern. A yoke below the hip line allows to give flights to the skirt and stylize the figure of large sizes. You know better than anyone which pattern stands out your figure.
3) Cut the pattern by the drawing line.
4) Transform the waist-dart into a side-dart. Pin in the line of the dart and spin the pattern to close the waist clamp.
5) Smooth the new lines created. Do not forget to give seam allowance.
6) Always check measures and track the seams.
7) Enjoy your new yoke skirt pattern¡¡¡